So after having a rest and a crisis of having no idea what I was supposed to be doing next, I pulled out the 20 year old ink that had been festering in my drawer and is now not the original colour it should be. I decided to use this as it is thin and I thought that maybe it would produce a nice effect and not be as thick as the acrylic paint.
I lightly made a few marks with the ink onto the plate and I was careful not to apply it heavy or with any elaborate patterns just so I could see what was happening with it.
I placed my paper on and it was much smoother and easy to manipulate whilst on the plate. I became excited for a moment as I thought it would be a good one. By looking at the picture below you can see that it is anything but good, phallic even and a right mess. The ink has been put back into the draw and it is never to be seen or spoken about again.
Moving on and not wanting to be deterred I started with the acrylic again. This time I used bigger brush strokes on the plate and used the glue stick to create patterns into it again.
I added blue to the plate to mix it in with the patterns. I used the side of the glue stick to create thin lines within the paint and to smooth it out more as I still have issues with paint quantities it seems.
Feeling hopeful that maybe this time it would be a better try, I used a jam jar to roll out the design on the paper once on the plate. It seemed to work better and the result I was pleased with. I liked how the paint had mixed and made a line of green in the middle and the that the lines showed up.
Getting cocky again I added a bit of pink paint to the plate to show that I was really onto something, that finally I could make monoprints and I understood. I made a few more lines and marks with the glue stick and got my paper ready.
Again as you can see without much surprise, too much paint, not enough pressure and a right mess all over again. I am getting downhearted and I need to clean the plate and get some more paper out.